The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries will never ask you to provide, update or verify personal or
account information (social security number, PIN, credit or debit card numbers, etc.) through unsolicited e-mail.
If you receive unsolicited or suspicious email from DGIF, please forward the message to CyberSecurity@dgif.virginia.gov
Effective May 19, 2013
Sales of Sportsman's Hunting and Fishing License Resume with 2013-2014 Bear-Deer-Turkey License
Effective May 19, 2013, sales of the Sportsman's Hunting and Fishing license will resume with the 2013-2014 Bear, Deer and Turkey license.
- 2013-2014 Bear, Deer, & Turkey Licenses Available May 19
As in past years, the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries will switch Bear, Deer, & Turkey licenses to the new hunting year at the end of spring gobbler season. Licenses with Bear, Deer, & Turkey licenses sold after midnight on May 18 will be effective for the 2013-2014 hunting year. In addition to the Sportsman's Hunting and Fishing license, the following licenses are affected:
- Resident Bear, Deer & Turkey;
- Non-Resident Bear, Deer & Turkey;
- Resident Junior Bear, Deer & Turkey;
- Resident Junior Combination Hunting;
- Non-resident BDT - Youth Under 12;
- Non-resident BDT - Youth 12 to 15;
- and Non-resident Youth Combination Hunting.
If you have any questions regarding licenses, contact DGIF License Accounting at 800-282-0757 or via email at LicenseSales@dgif.virginia.gov
Effective July 1, 2012
The nonriparian license sales period for a stationary waterfowl blind previously licensed during the year before is July 1 through August 15. As this session is limited to last year's licensed locations, the previous year's license number will be required to purchase this year's license. The license will be issued to the same licensee as the previous year. Although the license will be issued to the same licensee, the licensee's address may be updated. If location coordinates are incorrect or missing, they will be required before the license can be issued.
Effective January 1, 2012
A facility access permit will be required for residents or non-residents using any Department-owned Wildlife Management Area
(WMA) or public fishing lake. The permit shall not be required for any person holding a valid hunting, freshwater fishing or trappi
ng license or a current certificate of boat registration issued by the Department or persons 16 years of age or younger. The facilit
y access permit does not apply to Department-owned boat ramps or segments of the Appalachian Trail on Department-owned land. Daily a
nd annual permits are available. Up to five consecutive daily permits can be purchased on a single license. See our website for more information.
- The Board of the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries has established reduced pricing for two, three and four year licenses for resident annual hunting, trapping and freshwater fishing. License prices will be reduced by $1 for each additional year.
Online Hunting & Fishing License Application
The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, the Virginia Marine Resources Commission, and the Virginia Interactive are proud to offer you online hunting and fishing licenses. Purchase licenses online for yourself and for others and receive them via email.
Before you start
- Only MasterCard and VISA accepted.
- Licenses and Permits are not subject to exchange or return.
- Your license will be emailed to you. You will be responsible for printing your license(s).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print your license(s).
Reprint an existing license (For online purchases only - receipt information is required.)